DOES ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER OFFER A PET HOTEL?
Yes! At Animal Medical Center, we have a designated wing designed to care for your pet while you are away. We have various sized condos and runs. Boarding a pet can be stressful for both the owner and the furry family member. We don’t want you to worry while you are away! Our Kennel Technicians devote their day to keeping your pets comfortable and healthy.
WHY KEEP YOUR PET AT A VETERINARY HOSPITAL?
Utilizing a pet hotel at a veterinary hospital offers many advantages over a facility that is strictly boarding. First and foremost, any medical attention your pet needs will be handled during their stay. What if your pet becomes sick while you are away??? Any pet staying with us at Animal Medical Center is considered a patient. Our Kennel Technicians are trained to assess and notice any signs of illness. They alert a veterinarian of any problems. The illness or abnormality will be then be addressed with the owners permission. If the owner can not be reached, we will treat the pet as one of our own. Any diagnostics, medications and other treatments will be performed to bring the pet back to a healthy state.
In addition to the ability to offer medical attention, any follow up exams, vaccinations and even surgeries can be performed while your pet stays at our hotel. Does your dog or cat need a booster vaccine or recheck on labwork? No problem! We can take care of these things and save you an extra trip to the veterinarian. Does your pet need a surgery or dental procedure? These can also be done during the boarding time. Post operative care and the often needed rest and restricted activity are easily provided while your pet stays with us at Animal Medical Center. A third benefit of using our pet hotel at our veterinary practice is the ability to give medications. Many pets need medications daily. Some even need injections like insulin. Our trained staff keep a detailed list of any medication needs and keep them on schedule.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY LIKE FOR MY DOG AT THE DOG HOTEL?
Our Kennel Technicians are busy all day making sure your dog is happy and comfortable. We have 2 yards for the dogs. Each dog is let out individually. The dogs are put in a yard to play and potty 3-4 times a day. They are fed in the morning and evening. If your dog has a special diet schedule, this will be followed when boarding. All messes are cleaned up immediately. Any medications are given at the time needed for each individual dog. The dogs are given attention and love throughout to make this a positive experience.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY LIKE FOR MY CAT AT THE CAT HOTEL?
Our Kennel Technicians are busy all day making sure your cat is happy and comfortable. Our cat kennels are in a separate room, away from the noise of the dog kennel and clinic. The cats stay in their kennel during their stay. We have found letting the cats out for “play time” often produces more stress than relief. Cats prefer to hide and remain in cozy spaces when in a new environment. Have you ever noticed that your cat fights going into the pet taxi to travel to the veterinarian? But once the vet visit is over, most cats hop right back in the pet taxi right??? This is because the small protective space of the taxi is comforting to the cat. Thus, your cat will feel safe in their quiet kitty condo while staying at our facility. Cats are fed in the morning and evening. Special diet schedules are followed and their area is kept clean. Any medications are given at the time needed for each individual cat. The cats are given attention and are comforted so you can travel without worry.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY PET’S HOTEL STAY
Besides making a reservation, there are a few things you need to do to prepare for a boarding appointment.
- Is my cat up to date on vaccinations?? Each cat staying with us is up to date on the core vaccines which include Rabies, Calivirus, Panluekopenia, Rhinotracheitis, Clamydia and Feline Leukemia. This limits the risk of disease spread in the kennel. If your cat is due for any of these, we can update while boarding. Not sure your cat is up to date?? Give us a call or download our reminder app (Petdesk) to review your cat’s medical file.
- Is my dog up to date on vaccinations?? Each dog staying with us is up to date on the core vaccines which include Rabies, Parvo,Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza and Bordetella. This limits the risk of disease spread in the kennel. If your dog is due for any of these, we can update during their stay. Give us a call or download our reminder app (Petdesk) to review your dog’s medical file.
- Diet needs should be evaluated before boarding. If your pet has a special diet, please bring enough for us to feed when you are gone. Also, bring the food if your pet gets tummy upset when the diet is changed. Does your pet have a favorite treat? Bring those too! We don’t want your him to miss out while at our hospital. If diet is not a concern, the dogs and cats staying at Animal Medical Center eat high quality Hill’s Science Diet. Please keep in mind that most pets staying with us will have a decrease in their appetite. This a common response when their environment is changed.
- Please bring any medications your pet is taking to the clinic. We will make sure your pet stays on schedule and receives all medication.
- Toys and bedding are also allowed while staying at the pet hotel. Sometimes the pet is comforted by having his/her favorite toy or blanket. We will label these items upon arrival and keep them with your pet.
- A little nervous about leaving your furry friend? Then come on by and tour our facility. Talk with our staff and have any questions answered. We want you to feel comfortable and leave knowing your she is in the best care.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY PET AT THE HOTEL?
Just give us a call at 806-794-4118 when you need a reservation. Depending on the availability, a small, medium, large condo or run can be reserved. Please keep in mind that holidays book quickly! Please call in advance for busy times like Christmas and July 4th. Upon making a reservation, a boarding form will need to be filled out. This form gives us important information on contact phone numbers, diet, medications and items brought that need labeling. Also we will need a signed permission form to allow our veterinarians to provide medical attention in the event the owner can not be reached. We look forward to being the “home away from home” for your loved one!